FICTION & GENERAL GUIDELINES
- Email your submissions to X-R-A-Y Literary Magazine at email@example.com
- We want prose only. No poetry, please.
- Send your work as .doc or .docx files, please, unless otherwise noted.
- Please keep fiction under 2,000 words.
- One piece per submission, please. Wait until you hear from us before you submit again.
- You may submit your work elsewhere, no problem.
- Please write the subject line of your email as:
[YOUR LAST NAME], [TITLE], [SPECIFY: FICTION, REVIEW, EXCERPT, etc.] [WORD COUNT]
- Also, include this information at the top page of your submission. That helps us keep response times down, and we shoot for 3-4 weeks.
- While we’re not saying “no” to anyone who wants to submit, genre fiction might find a better home elsewhere.
- Exposure to the website carries a small risk of radiation poisoning. We suggest wearing a lead apron while submitting.
REVIEWS, INTERVIEWS & NONFICTION
- 2000 words or fewer.
- You pick the subject, and we’ll see if we like it.
- Send us a query and pdf sample.