- Email submissions to X-R-A-Y Literary Magazine at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We want prose only. No poetry, please.
- Send your work as .doc or .docx files.
- Keep fiction under 2,000 words.
- One piece per submission, please.
- Wait until you hear from us before you submit again.
- You may submit your work elsewhere, no problem.
- Please include in your doc and the subject line of your email:
[YOUR LAST NAME], [TITLE], [SPECIFY: FICTION, NONFICTION, INTERVIEW, etc.] [WORD COUNT]
- We shoot for a response time of 2-4 weeks.
- We’re kind about it, but genre fiction might find a better home elsewhere.
- We’d love for you to look around before submitting. Have at it.
NONFICTION & LITERARY EPHEMERA
- Try us. If it’s not strictly prose, send us a query or a sample.
- So far, we really like this and this and this.
GRITTY BITS & BOBS
- By submitting to us, you grant us first electronic rights and non-exclusive archival rights.
- All submissions remain the intellectual property of the artist. Rights revert to author upon publication.
- We’d love if you’d credit us if your work first appeared here.
- Work previously published in print only welcome if in no violation of original rights.
- You’ll feel really good if you check out these kick-ass authors.
- Exposure to the website carries a small risk of radiation poisoning. We suggest wearing a lead apron while submitting.